Founded in 2014 by Silicon Valley entrepreneurs Ron Hose and Runar Petursson, Coins is Southeast Asia’s leading mobile blockchain-enabled platform that enables anyone, including those without bank accounts, to easily access financial services directly from their phone. Using Coins, customers have access to a mobile wallet and services such as remittances, airtime, bill payments, and online shopping at over 100,000 merchants who accept digital currency. Operating in the Philippines and Thailand, Coins' mission is to increase financial inclusion by delivering financial services directly to people through their mobile phones.
What is it for you?
A better way to send money
- Inclusive / Create your wallet in minutes, no minimum cash-in amounts, and no monthly fees.
- Convenient / Never stand in line again. Shop, buy phone load, pay bills, and send money to any major bank or remittance center - all from your phone.
- Safe and trusted / The leading and most trusted digital currency company in Southeast Asia. They use SSL connections, AES-225 Encryption and 2-Factor Authentication to secure your experience
What is it for your Business?
The benefits of cashless
- Scale your business / Pay your suppliers and employees anywhere in the world. Automate your cash disbursals and never write another check again.
- Accept payments today / Start accepting payments in minutes. Leverage our merchant gateway to invoice customers and get paid, even if they aren't Coins users.
- Make cheaper remittances / Remit money quickly at a fraction of the typical cost. Get remittances to their destination through our network of over 22,000 retail locations.
What is it for Government?
A commitment for greater good
- Greater accountability / Unlike cash, every exchange conducted over the is recorded on a single, globally accessible ledger - providing an accurate, unmodifiable financial audit trail.
- Cost savings / The blockchain does not replace money or the existing financial system, it works with it. By providing a more efficient way to transfer value and reducing the reliance on cash, blockchain technology can save costs for government, banks, and end consumers.
- Spotlight on compliance / They take great care with KYC and AML. Since every transaction is electronically recorded, this allows for real-time, accurate analysis of transactions to prevent money laundering and other illicit activities.
Here's a short video to show you how it works!
Accounts are free, and they're super easy to set up.
Step 1: Create Your Account
- Go to the Coins.ph website and click "Get Started."
- Enter your email address and preferred password, then click "Continue."
IMPORTANT: When choosing your password, please remember to you use a unique password composed of at least one number and a minimum of 8 characters. Please do not use a password that you have already used with another website or service. Learn more about account security
- You'll see a verification page that says "Check your email." Go to your email inbox and check for an email from containing your verification code. Copy-paste the verification code into the page, then click the "Verify" button.
- You're in!
Step 2: Verify your Account
- Once you have signed successfully you will see this popped. Just click on next to start verifying your ID, Phone number and your selfie.